Wednesday 19 January 2011

5 a day is the ultimate way! [;

Hey, I'm back fellow bloggers =D. I know you missed me very much [; -lol.
Right, you guys may be thinking why should we eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day? Is it even important? Well I've listed some reasons below why we all should - everyday.

Five Reasons To Get Five Portions
Give 5 a day a go.
  • Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there's so much variety to choose from.
  • They're a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
  • They're an excellent source of  fibre, which helps maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
  • They can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
  • Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
Did you know people in the UK have a 1 in 3 chance of developing cancer at some time in their lives. Eating 5 portions of different fruit and vegetables a day can help reduce the risk of developing heart disease or cancer. Don't let this affect you, we can be the 2 in 3 people who does NOT get affected. Come on guys! All it takes is to make sure you are having them portions of fruit and veg.

There's always a solution.

Maybe you're not bothered to eat 5 WHOLE portions of fruit or veg. Instead, what you should do is cut fruits into smaller pieces such as an apple into thin slices, drink juices or even better home-made juices and tell your parents to include some vegetables into your dishes or fruits in your desserts/puddings.

Eating 5 a day is excellent as it means you are getting a good variety of vitamins and minerals. And if you were wondering... A portion of fruit/veg is roughly equal to what can fit into your hand. I have included a link for you guys below about 5 a day portion sizes.
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/Portionsizes.aspx

The purple dragonfruit on the right,
white dragonfruit on the left.
My 5 a day. :]

I love eating fruits. Especially exotic asian fruits such as dragon fruit, lychees, jack fruit and mungoosteen. There's so much more but you wouldn't want to hear me making lists and babbling on about it, lol. =]
They are so exquiste especially when are they eaten cold. My absolute fav is dragon fruit, it's expensive in normal supermarkets so I suggest buy it in a chinese or vietnamese store if you can. I recently heard there is a purple one, my Grandma in Vietnam had told me it was so pretty and tasted even sweeter than the white one. ;o. I badly want to taste it. Sadly I haven't seen it here yet.
Sometimes I eat fruit salads I love the juice of them :].

Try out different ways of eating your 5 a day! Explore your culture.

What have you tried out, any particular desserts dish you have tried including fab fruits?  Comment below, I would love to hear it =]

Super Sophia x

No comments:

Post a Comment