Sunday 16 January 2011

It's Not Too Late, Turn Your Life Around - Obesity.


Being fat made me lose confidence,
could've given me diabetes AND
potentially could of knocked 10 yrs off
my life.
 My Personal Story.

Those of you who read my blog may know me by 'Super Sophia'. But I weren't so 'Super' when I was overweight. Being fat just made me so depressed. Lucky me I had my friends and family along me the whole way. The doctor told me if I had continued the way I was living I would shorten my life expectancy by 10 years. I was horrified at this, I had to find ways on turning healthy quick! The Doctor was also shocked to see me not to have diabeties. I felt like I was one of the luckiest people alive. So I'm going to help you guys who feel this way, don't worry I know just how you feel.

I have been known to avoid attending family reunions or get-togethers because of my weight. I have lost weight and I have gained weight. I have dieted and I have binged. However, I don’t binge anymore and I don't “diet” anymore. What’s my secret?

My Secret: Skipping Meals Won't Help You Lose Weight.

What  works for me is to be balanced in what foods I eat and exercise is the priority. Check out my post about having a healthy eating plan.
Do not ever skip meals because you want to lose weight. It'll only worsen the situation.
Why not? Because you'll get hungry.
Result? Hunger will crush your willpower to lose weight
And you'll binge on cookies!

It is best to eat throughout the day whenever you are hungry. Do not deny your body the food it needs to function. The trick is to have smaller meals along with two or three snacks throughout the day. It is surprising how an apple, a chunk of cheese, or handful of peanuts will energize you and give you just the boost needed to stay on task. Bring a packet of fruit with you to school, a fruit juice or smoothie. So then you won't be tempted to stop at the shop to buy a bar of chocolate.

If you deprive your body of nourishment for too many hours when meal time finally comes around you'll overeat. That's not a good idea. If you deprive your body of nourishment for too many hours when meal time finally comes around you'll overeat. That's not a good idea. 

Bad Effects & Facts of Obesity.


Around one in four men and one in three women in the UK are overweight, according to government statistics. Around one in three children between the ages of 2 and 15 are overweight. While in total more girls than boys are overweight, a greater number of boys are obese.
  • 14 per cent of boys are overweight.
  • 17 per cent of girls are overweight.
  • 19 per cent of boys are obese.
  • 18 per cent of girls are obese.
Also this can lead to medical conditions as well as day-to-day activities. Such as you wouldn't be able to walk properly without your thighs rubbing agaisnt each other, being out of breath and so on.
Medical conditions are more serious as you are putting your life on the line. Being obese can lead to some types of cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure... you get the picture right? Life would be bad.
So like me, get yourself into healthy habits - it's never to late to turn your life around. Exercise and eating healthily, this will have a positive effect on you.
By eating less than your body needs and exercising more, you force your body to use its existing fat stores for energy. By burning excess fat, you lose weight.

Come on team, don't feel strange make a change! [;

Good Luck
Super Sophia x

1 comment:

  1. I think your post is very supportive. Thank you very much =D

    ReplyDelete